Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Fitness

Good morning to all you ten in sixers! How is week three coming?

This weeks post is going to be on your workout schedule. We all have busy lives, whether we have work, kids, and other commitments that fill our day up fast. Where do you fit in your exercise? Do you wake up early? Stay up late, or carve out time during the day? I love to hear how everyone balances their exercise with their daily life.

I am a night person so most of my workouts happen at night, whether that is treadmill, yoga, or pilates. But on the weekends I love to run outside if the weather is permitting (i'm not brave enough to run outside in the winter). This year I got involved in a volleyball team and it was really fun and opened up my mind to the world of team sports (I never played in high school). Plus it was another thing I could do at night.

When do you fit it in? What does a day in your life look like?


2 comments:

  1. Best time for me to exercise is in the morning, after we drop the kids off at school. Somewhere between 9-10 am. I'm not a morning person so too early doesn't work for me. Back in Portland I was working out in the late evenings. Occasionally I would get up early and go. I did notice the people who got up early to exercise seemed more fit than the late night crew. Just an observation but it did encourage me to start working out in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an early morning exerciser because it is the only time that I know nothing else will come up. I try to make up for the lack of sleep by taking naps, but it doesn't usually work as well as it should. I have read studies that show that those who work out first thing in the morning do it more regularly than those who exercise later in the day.

    ReplyDelete